Operating in a country with a high seismic risk, we are experts in the design of buildings that comply to the actual national and European anti seismic standards and regulations.
Since the 1960s, in Italy specific laws require structural design engineers to respect certain rules and standards for both new construction and existing building retrofitting. In time these laws have changed, mainly due to the issue of ensuring a higher level of safety and stability, the last version being 2008’s “New Technical Standard for Construction”.
Four seismic zones
The Italian territory is divided into 4 main zones. For any kind of intervention, be it a new construction or a retrofit, it is always necessary to perform a precise seismic and sizing analysis of the building, each zone having its own set of parameters. Moreover, some types of public constructions (for example schools, healthcare facilities, religious facilities, museums and bridges) are defined as critical by the new standards.
Due to fact that Polistudio is active in the entire Italian territory and designs and assess all kinds of buildings and constructions, we are able to deal with any kind of seismic analysis, design and construction for any kind of building and seismic zone there is.
A few projects:
• “Geo Cenci” Middle School located in Riccione
• Villa Linda Hotel in Riccione – seismic retrofit
• “G. Rodari” Elementary Middle school in Villa Verucchio – seismic retrofit
• E.N.P.A.M. Foundation real estate buildings in Milan – Entire complex retrofit
• “Tullio Masi” Police quarters in Ravenna
• Macchi Healthcare Facility in Varese
• Giovanni XXIII apartment block – 10 apartments in L’Aquila – complete retrofit and rebuilding of the heavily damaged building
• New Marketplace in Corso Sardegna in Genoa – retrofit
• Portello Congress Center in Milano City Fiera
• New Regione Lombardia Headquarters in Milan
• “Ex Officine Caproni” Wind Tunnel Facility
• Acer Bologna structural works
• “San Giuseppe” new urban compound in Rimini
• Rimini Train Station technical support
• “Ex Fienile” San Patrignano building in Rimini
• 2 floor underground parking lot in Rimini
• “Nuova Ricerca” Healthcare facility in Rimini
• Hotel Venezia in Riccione – retrofit
• “G. Frescobaldi” Music Academy in Ferrara – complete retrofit
• “Santa Marta” Rehab center for people with physical disabilities in Coriano – new construction